On Monday, November 14, 2022, Minister of Finance Peter Bethlenfalvy released
the 2022 Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review – Ontario’s Plan to Build: A Progress Update. It also includes the first-ever progress report on our government’s Plan to Build Ontario.
Highlights of the first-ever Building Ontario Progress Report, include:
- Attracting more than $16 billion in Electric Vehicles and EV battery manufacturing investments over the last 2 years
- Releasing Ontario’s first critical minerals strategy
- Attracting $2.5 billion in clean steel investments
- Delivering 388 training projects, helping more than 393,000 workers take the next step in their careers
- Adding over 11,700 health care workers to the system
- Launching the Plan to Catch Up for Ontario’s students
- Beginning preliminary field work on Hwy 413
- Starting early construction on the Bradford Bypass
- Completing construction at Unionville and Rutherford GO Stations
- Eliminating licence plate renewal fees as well as licence plate stickers, and refunding the past two years of fees for eligible vehicles
- Investing $950 million in nearly 190 broadband, cellular and satellite projects, bringing access to over 375,000 Ontario homes and businesses
The provincial government also released a slide deck with highlights, which can be viewed here.